From the author of the bible of Eastern backcountry skiing comes the most up-to-date resource for exploring the backcountry ski trails of the Northeast. This book features 50 trips through New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, New York, and Massachusetts, including extensive coverage of Tuckerman Ravine, Mount Mansfield, the Adirondacks and the historic Thunderbolt Ski Trail, as well as backcountry huts and lodge-to-lodge skiing in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness. You'll learn how to prepare for your adventure with helpful references on when to go, what to bring, and must-have backcountry safety skills.
Each trip includes a description, distance, elevation, topographic map, difficulty rating, directions, and other tools to help plan your adventure. Whether you're a seasoned Nordic or tele-mark skier looking for a new challenge, or a resort skier ready to take on the backcountry, this book will help you expertly navigate the Northeast in winter.
- Description, distance, elevation, difficulty rating, and topographic map for each tour
- The only comprehensive guide to skiing and snowboarding in Tuckerman Ravine
- Information on avalanche awareness, gear, safety and first aid
- Legendary classics such as the Teardrop, Thunderbolt, Catamount, and Wildcat Valley trails
- Hut based ski trips throughout the Northeast
|Region||Vermont, North East|