Southern New England's rivers change little from year to year, but human management of watersheds does. Access points change, water levels are adjusted, new bridges are built, and water quality continues to improve. In this completely updated and revised edition of AMC's classic River Guide: Massachusetts/Connecticut/Rhode Island, paddlers of all ability levels will find the comprehensive, straightforward information they need to experience waterways from serene rivers to challenging whitewater--and everything in between. Detailed river descriptions, a reader-friendly format, and detailed maps make trip selection and planning quick and easy. This guide provides up-to-date information on more than 2,000 miles of river, including the Connecticut, Deerfield, Concord, Housatonic, and many more. Whether a novice canoeist, experienced kayaker, or seasoned angler, no paddler should be without an AMC River Guide.
- Rivers and their tributaries listed by watershed and presented in reasonable segments for canoe and kayak trips
- Easy-to-skim tables that summarize recommended water levels and seasonal conditions and difficulty levels
- Locator maps and access directions
- Descriptive text with essential information including road access, landmarks, attributes of each river segment, and cumulative distances
- Distances for portages plus total distance for each river segment
- Suggested flat water and quick water trips, plus lists of rivers with easy rapids and rivers with Class III, IV, and V rapids
- Recommendations for multiday river trips and related resources