A classic piece recreated using exceptionally durable, N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro fabric that is extremely waterproof and abrasion resistant. E3D patterning creates an ergonomic fit for extra ease of movement paired with an athletic fit leaves room for winter layering. Traditional bellowed, crossover pockets remain accessible while wearing a pack. The helmet compatible StormHood™, drawcords and pit zippers all adjust with one hand and the removable HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position when worn underneath a climbing harness.
The Alpha SV first appeared in 1998 to address the needs of alpinists for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness. Hard-wearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV quickly became an iconic Arc'teryx piece and revolutionized the outdoor apparel industry.
Simple, sleek and stylish, the Alpha SV is also a technical beast. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs; helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face; removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness; WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
SUPPLE, YET BULLETPROOF
Manufactured with a new N80p-X GORE-TEX® face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket retains its remarkable durability, yet is supple and quiet. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the textile is tightly woven to create a flat smooth face. Premium GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest degree of windproof, waterproof/breathable protection.
ROOM TO MANEUVER
Arc'teryx designs are functional, disciplined answers to unforgiving environments. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the landmark Alpha SV now has a reduced chest circumference and has been re-patterned for a closer fit, with more efficient arm movement.
- Highly durable
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEX® Pro three-layer construction
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Weight: 545 g / 1 lb 3.2 oz
- Fit: Athletic Fit, with e3D patterning, Hip Length
- Additional Information
Intended Use Ski/Snowboard Socks Material Synthetic Properties Insulating
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
The best in class for outer shells
An Alpha SV with Merino Wool and silk underwear, you are ready for anything. I bought 2 of these in grey and blue with matching black Alpha SV bibs in large and medium when they were still Made in Canada. The absolute best in class when it comes to an outer shell. Thanks Arc'teryx for an awesome product!
The Ultimate Hardshell
The Alpha SV from Arc'teryx is in a class of its own. For intense wet or wintry weather, the Alpha SV is the only option. With a super tough face fabric to ward off abrasion, a movement-friendly cut and a helmet compatible hood, this is an amazing option for ice climbing or mountaineering, as well as skiing or other Read More...
The Ultimate HardshellThe Alpha SV from Arc'teryx is in a class of its own. For intense wet or wintry weather, the Alpha SV is the only option. With a super tough face fabric to ward off abrasion, a movement-friendly cut and a helmet compatible hood, this is an amazing option for ice climbing or mountaineering, as well as skiing or other mountain adventures. The Gore Tex Pro membrane is fully waterproof, yet surprisingly breathable and the intuitive pocket design allows you to bring along essentials like a granola bar or phone. The incredible features of the Alpha SV place it in the company of the best jackets on the market, however the incredible Arc'teryx fit elevates this jacket to a higher plane. You won't find a better jacket anywhere.
I have worn this jacket through two seasons of arctic field work and it continues to hold up incredibly well. The pockets are large enough to fit extra gloves or a hat, the hood does not restrict vision when on, and the waterproofness is unparalleled. At 6'1" tall, 190 lbs, and a longish torso, I find the large jacket to fit very well.
Write Your Own Review