Arc'teryx - Sentinel Jacket Women's
We have a lot of ski shells here at GearX.com, and while we love them all very much, we'd be hard-pressed to argue that any of them surpass the Arc'Teryx Sentinel jacket when it comes to quality of design and materials. The Sentinel is constructed from GORE-TEX® Soft Shell fabric, which is really more of a hard shell than a soft shell (who approved this name, anyway?) but nevertheless an excellent material for a ski shell, as it has a distinctly smooth, snow-shedding face fabric on the outside and just a whisper of fleeciness on the inside. It feels very protective when you put it on, as though no wind or precipitation, however violent, could ever find its way through.
Of course, being made of GORE-TEX® Soft Shell is only half the battle. Arc'Teryx jackets have a striking silhouette and distinctive design elements that you can identify from across the room, whether you can see a bird logo or not. The voluminous Storm Hood is one such element featured on Arc'Teryx ski jackets; it easily covers ski helmets on days when it's really dumping outside.
The fit of the Sentinel is quite relaxed to allow for additional layers underneath, so if you put it on alone it will probably feel considerably larger than the size that's listed on the tag. Still, if you do plan on layering underneath (and we don't see why you wouldn't) you should feel safe in ordering your usual size (i.e. if usually medium, order medium) and it should come out all right.
- Waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® with flannel backer provides light insulation
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- WaterTight™ centre front zipper
- WaterTight™ pit zips provide rapid ventilation
- Two hand pockets, laminated internal zippered pocket, sleeve pocket
- Powder skirt with Slide’n Loc™ attachments fit compatible pants
- Fabric: N70p GORE-TEX® with 3L lo-loft soft shell construction
- Relaxed fit
- Weight: 570 g / 20.1 oz