The Atomic Backland 117 is the biggest model in the Backland range. It has a 117 mm waist, Carbon Backbone and Powder Rocker profile. It also features revolutionary HRZN Tech in the tip for more surface area and even better floatation. It’s stiff enough for aggressive skiing on deep storm days or shredding Big Mountain spines. It also delivers on harder snow thanks to the camber underfoot. And Atomic has made the Backland 117 light without sacrificing stability thanks to a Light Woodcore. This also makes them awesome Freeride Touring skis: great for reaching those best spots – boot packing or skinning.
- Full Cap Sidewall – A construction with no sidewall where the top sheet folds down over the edges making it light and easy to handle
- Light Woodcore – Made from poplar wood, this core optimizes the ski's weight without sacrificing any shock absorption or stability.
- HRZN Tech Tip - adds 10% more surface area at your ski tips. For awesome flotation in powder plus less tip deflection and better tracking through chop
- Carbon Backbone - A dynamic carbon insert for our lightweight backcountry skis to improve ski stability
- Powder Rocker 30%-55%-15%
- Rocker Profile: Rocker-Camber-Rocker
- Tail Profile: Partial Twin Tip
- Construction Type: Sidewall
- Core Material: Wood with Carbon
|Underfoot Width (mm)||117|
|Ski Profile||Camber With Rocker Tip & Tail|