Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Backcountry Access - B52 Ext Shovel )
The Backcountry Access B52 Shovel is a big, bad digging machine meant to build kickers or extract your friends from an avalanche. The wide, durable, lightweight shovel and ergonomic grip let you scoop up massive amounts of snow way faster than the tiny little shovel your bro brought along. The B-52 was formerly known as the Chugach Pro Shovel.
BCA designs their shovels to be the lightest and the strongest shovels on the market. Bomber shovels are made of 6061 aluminum alloy which is the same material commonly used in the construction of airplanes and bike frames. The oval shaft design helps disperse the stress forced on the shaft when lifting or moving heavy material. BCA oval shafts are strongest along the major axis, in this case being the vertical axis that takes on the majority of the load. The ferrule of the shovel blade is welded to the back of the pan for continued strength along this load-bearing axis. The blade is constructed for torsional stability through reliefs that enhance the rigidity. This construction allows the Bomber shovels to have an industry leading strength-to-weight ratio.
- Weight: 2.1 pounds / 960 grams
- Blade dimensions: 11 x 13.3 inches / 27.9 x 33.8 cm
- Handle and shaft collapsed length: 21 inches / 53 cm
- Handle and shaft extended length: 30.5 inches / 77 cm
- Assembled collapsed length: 30.5 inches / 77 cm
- Assembled extended length: 40 inches / 102 cm
- Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum