Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( BearVault - BearVault BV450 )
Lighter and more compact than other bear canisters, the BearVault BV450 secures 4 days of food for the solo backpacker or a weekend's worth of meals for two.
- Durable polycarbonate construction keeps the weight light and the inner volume high
- Large rainproof lid features a snapping bump/tab locking mechanism and screws on and off easily without the use of tools
- Dimpled exterior keeps tie-down straps from shifting and eliminates the need for a carrying pouch
- Translucent vault makes finding your meal selection easy
- Container helps suppress strong odors from food, sunscreen, insect repellent, soap and toothpaste, lessening the chance of bear vs. human conflict
- Hand wash in warm water with a mild dishwashing detergent
- With the lid fully closed the BearVault also makes a great camp seat
- This BearVault model has approval from both the Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
- Store BearVault at least 100 yards downwind of campsite, preferably in the shade to keep contents cool
- Never keep a bear canister inside your tent!
- Best Use: Backpacking
- Gear Capacity: 7.2 liter
- Gear Capacity: 440 cubic inches
- Material(s): Polycarbonate
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 8.3 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz.