From banging laps in bounds to heading out the gates in search of fresh lines, the stiff, light, adjustable Carbon Probe features a built-in probe for backup or secondary use.
One tool for two jobs, the Black Diamond Carbon Probe pulls double duty as both a ski pole and an avalanche probe. In addition to its stiff, lightweight design and Freeride Series grip and strap, the pole's two carbon fiber lowers work in tandem to create a 182 cm probe, making it an ideal backcountry freeride tool. BD also added their new low-profile FlickLock® Pro locking mechanism for dramatic improvements in clamping force.
- 18 mm (.71 in) aluminum upper with 16 mm (.63 in) carbon fiber lower
- Freeride Series grip with grippy, dual-density rubber in palming zone and an aggressive hooking point for leveraging bars and buckles
- Freeride Series strap with easy-access design and lengthened pull tab hangs open and distributes weight evenly across the hand
- Lower shafts screw together to form a 182 cm (71.5 in) probe (using 100-125 cm poles)
- Soft Touch upper shaft features grippy coating for touring functionality
- FlickLock Pro adjustability and security with 100 mm (4 in) Powder Baskets
TECH SpecificationsWeight Per Pair : [100-125 cm] 610 g (1 lb 6 oz)
[115-140 cm] 625 g (1 lb 9 oz)Series : FreerideUsable Length : [100-125 cm] 100-125 cm (39-49 in)
[115-140 cm] 115-140 cm (45-55 in)Collapsed Length : [100-125 cm] 95 cm (37.4 in)
[115-140 cm] 110 cm (43.3 in)
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)