With its revolutionary, patent-pending design made possible by their in-house hot forge, the Black Diamond GridLock Screwgate eliminates the dangers of cross loading. Designed specifically for belaying, the intuitive, easy-to-use GridLock isolates the belay loop behind its uniquely shaped gate, thereby keeping the carabiner in its proper orientation. The GridLock's I-beam spine transitions into a large, rounded rope-bearing surface for maximum strength and smooth rope feeding. Simply put, you'll never have to deal with a shifting, cross-loaded belay carabiner again.
Important product note: These carabiners are second(s), which means they have a cosmetic blemish that prevented them from being sold by Black Diamond for full retail value. This cosmetic blemish in no way affects the safety, durability, or performance of these items, and generally is not even visible. For more information, call our team of gear experts at 888-547-4327 or drop into a live chat!
- Hot-forged construction
- I -beam spine transitions into a rounded, large ropebearing
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design
- Screwgate sleeve
- Patented, innovative design isolates belay loop to
- eliminate cross-loading
- Isolates belay loop
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
- Weight: 76 g (2.7 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength: 22 kN (4,946 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength: 7 kN (1,574 lbf)
- Gate Opening: 21 mm (0.83 in)