Combining maximum security and ease of use like never before, the Black Diamond Magnetron GridLock uses the power of magnets to reinvent the auto-locking carabiner. Magnetron Technology uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the carabiner's keylock nose to create an ultra-secure, self-clearing and redundant locking mechanism that can be easily used with either hand. Combine that with BD's innovative GridLock shape, which traps the belay loop to eliminate cross-loading, and the Magnetron GridLock is the ultimate belay carabiner.
Important product note: These carabiners are second(s), which means they have a cosmetic blemish that prevented them from being sold by Black Diamond for full retail value. This cosmetic blemish in no way affects the safety, durability, or performance of these items, and generally is not even visible. For more information, call our team of gear experts at 888-547-4327 or drop into a live chat!
- Hot-forged construction
- Innovative gate design uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for super-secure, interference-free closure
- Keylock nose prevents snagging
- One-hand operable
- Unique shape isolates belay loop to eliminate cross-loading
- I-Beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
- Weight: 78 g (3 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength: 22 kN (4,946 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength: 7 kN (1,574 lbf)
- Gate Opening: 21 mm (0.83 in)