The Shiva is built from the ground up for female-rippers who need the performance of an alpine-style boot while maintaining ultimate comfort and warmth to hike into the best of the backcountry. Women's-specific spoiler and flex 100 combined with 20 degrees of resistance-free touring motion make the Shiva more comfortable and better fitting than its predecessor.
The SMU model of the Shiva comes equipped with AT sole blocks with tech inserts. Alpine sole blocks are sold separately.
- Triax Pro Frame: Increased axial power and Black Diamond's stiffest forward flex for powerful, high performance control.
- AT Sole Blocks with tech inserts: Interchangeable blocks on Freeride Series boots. Compatible with Alpine sole blocks (sold separately).
- Thermoformable liners: Easily thermoformed to make more room in the heel pocket, tighten up the toe box or accommodate high insteps.
- Boa Lacing System: 3:1 Freeride Series Boa closure system wraps the calf for full-length, power strap-style energy transfer as well as touring stability.
- Lasting: A performance-style fit provides a snug heel and forefoot yet leaves room for the toes.
- Forward Lean Adjustment: Adjustable to three settings between 14-22 degrees of shinbone angle to a flat floor.
- Women's-specific fit: Increased boot board angle and custom calf shape tailored for women.
- Cuff Alignment: Unique forward lean adjustment "floats" to accommodate an adjusted cuff alignment.
- Adjustable Spoiler: Used to micro-adjust forward lean preferences in men's and women's-specific boots.
- Ski/Walk Mode: Generous 20 degree range of resistance-free motion (from -10 degrees to 10 degrees) while touring.
- Overlap Construction: Alpine-style cuff overlap for smooth, progressive flex.
- Strobel-lasted Construction: Stitched around a last to get the proper 3D shape.
- Year: Fall 2011
- Last width (mm): 102
- Weight per Pair: 3.8 kg / 8lb 6oz (size 27)
- Flex Index: 100
- Buckles: 4
- Additional Information