Consignment Bikes & Parts
We will consign quality used or new bicycles of all types that are in good condition and well maintained. Hardtail, full suspension, road, touring, cyclocross, single speed, three speed--you name it, we will sell it! We will also be accepting a wide variety of bike parts including, but not limited to, saddles, pedals, shoes, bars, shocks, derailleurs, forks, racks and more. We are excited for you to join us in this new venture!
Interested in consigning a bike or parts with us? Here are some guidelines:
- All bikes will undergo a "safety shakedown". If you would like to ensure that your bike will pass this inspection, run through our checklist below.
- Bike frames should be clean and components free of grease and grime.
- We will not take any "department store" bikes. This includes, but is not limited to, the following brands: Huffy, Mongoose, Next, Apollo, and Fischer Price.
- We may recommend that you purchase a tune from us before consigning your bike.
- Nearly all new parts will be accepted. Used parts will be taken based on condition.
- All other consignment policies apply.
If you are unsure if your bike is one that we will take, email us at [email protected] Please include a photo or photos of the bike along with a thorough description. While a final determination can only be made in person, we will let you know if your bike is something we are likely to take or not.
Consignment Bicycle Safety Shakedown
The following criteria must be verified for a bicycle to be considered.
- Drop test – check for loose anything
- Complete bike: all components
- Reflectors: present, damaged, absent
- Axle: nuts or quick release tighten properly
- True: wheels spin freely
- Rim: bent, damaged
- Spokes: broken, bent, loose
- Pressure: proper inflation
- Tread: check for wear, damage, debris
- Check frame and welds for cracks, bends
- SPROCKETS: teeth damaged/missing, rust
- CHAIN: stiff links, tight, damage, lubed, clean, rusty
- CRANK: spin freely, check for looseness/movement by pushing and pulling
- DERAILLEURS: engage actively, change gears easily without skipping, shift cleanly
- Check for broken or bent pedals, spin freely, fully threaded
- Absorb and rebound freely, quickly, smoothly
- FUNCTION: easy, good stopping power
- PADS: check for wear and evenness, meet wheel/rotor fully and evenly
- CABLES: frayed, bent, broken
- Tight, in line with wheel
- Hold brakes and pull bike forward/back checking for looseness in headset
- Tight, level
- Racks, fenders lights all tight, secure