DMM - Alpha Pro Straight Carabiner
If you do a lot of sport climbing, using a solid gate carabiner makes sense. Bolt hangers can be very unforgiving of lightweight biners, particularly if you are dogging about and taking repeated redpoint falls. The DMM Alpha Pro is robust and strong enough to cope with the typical sport climbing scenarios, but what really makes it stand out from the crowd is its exceptional handling qualities: the distinctive shape of the carabiner is no accident. The kinked back bone and grippy groove pattern on the apex of the spine are there for a reason. These biners are very easy to handle – something we are certain you will appreciate when stretching up to make that just-in-reach, gripper clip.
DMM has improved the grip and ergonomics with a new straight gate to help with full stretch clips and introduced a red colour scheme to the anodising. The Alpha Sport Quickdraw now comes with a stylish logo, and at the rope end biner there is a neat, injection-moulded keeper. This keeps the biner locked down and correctly aligned, ensuring easy clipping and optimum loading. It also protects the webbing from abrasion.
- The ultimate solid gate, sport climbing biner
- Strong and lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle, grippy shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Clean nose profile to reduce snagging
- Available as the Alpha Sport, a vari-width nylon quickdraw in 12cm, 18cm or 25cm lengths
- Injection-moulded keeper on quickdraw – ensuring the biner is easy to clip and correctly aligned, and that the webbing is protected from abrasion
- Closed Gate Strength: 24kN
- Open Gate Strength: 9kN
- Minor Axis Strength: 8kN
- Weight: 44g