The Ceros minimizes the risk of cross-loading. Easy to operate with one hand, and able to locate on the belay loop in a single movement, the Ceros is intuitive to use and simple to rack. Correct orientation is achieved with an internal wiregate that keeps the Ceros captive on a belay loop, and a horn which prevents assisted braking devices moving onto the carabiner’s spine. Full section top bar gives smooth rope control and resists wear.
Belay carabiners give smooth and confident belaying with tube and assisted braking belay devices. They have full section top bars for consistent rope control and reduced rope wear. Their shape resists flipping into sub-optimal orientations when belaying, acting to ensure the carabiner loads along its strongest axis. This carabiner’s nose slots into a groove in the gate, allowing it to achieve full strength without a gate notch. This creates a clean internal profile that won’t catch on gear, bolts or slings, giving easier clipping and removal from systems.
Meanwhile, the I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows the metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality. A rope running over a full section top bar has more consistent handling characteristics than one running over an I-Beam surface. DMM's belay carabiners feature full section top bars for greater control rope control. Ropes loading over full section bar also bend less than those loaded over I-Beam surfaces, increasing rope longevity. The top of the Ceros' spine prevents assisted breaking devices and rope controllers from twisting around the spine and cross-loading the carabiner.
- Belay carabiner for consistent rope control and compatibility with belay devices
- Keylock nose eliminates snagging
- I-Beam construction for optimum strength to weight ratio
- Full section top bar for consistent rope handling and increased longevity
- Pronounced horn and flat base encourage optimal loading
- Directional belay carabiner designed to ensure optimum orientation when belaying
- Downward opening internal wiregate enables secure attachment to belay loop in one movement, and prevent accidental removal once located
- Product Name: Ceros Screwgate
- Color: Titanium/Lime
- MBS (Major Axis): 25kN
- MBS (Minor Axis): 7kN
- MBS (Gate Open): 7kN
- Dimensions: 74 x 121mm
- Weight: 86g
- Gate Opening (X): 20mm
- Conformance: EN 362:2004 T | EN 12275:2013 B, H & T