The classic HB brass offset micro wires available once again from DMM!
The HB Brass offset micro wires developed a fanatical following and after re-introducing the larger alloy Offsets DMM was inundated with requests to start manufacturing the smaller brass offsets. Their popularity is because their unique shape allows climbers to protect pitches that are otherwise not viable.
The finished product took longer to bring to market than predicted, but DMM had to completely rethink the manufacturing process whilst also maintaining the original design specification. The units are manufactured from a very specific quality of 'brass' that is silver soldered onto stainless steel wire.
Every unit is proof loaded to 75% of its rated strength.
The wires benefit from a color-coded alloy swage that is only dinked on one side i.e. one wire runs free so that the head is always loaded optimally. The color-coded swage helps with selecting the right size first time.
These little units come in seven sizes and are available either individually or in a variety of sets.
- Micro protection for small cracks
- Asymmetrical taper gives stable placements in offset cracks
- Wires soldered directly into heads for strength
- Brass heads for optimal characteristics in marginal placements.
- Colour coded for easy size identification
- Passive protection works in wet and icy conditions
- Weight: 85g