Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Dynafit - Vulcan TF AT Boot )
The Vulcan is the stiffest boot in the Dynafit line, made for those who charge the hardest lines in the backcountry. It combines high-end downhill skiing performance with the lightness and walk-ability that made the earlier TLT 5 boots so popular among the best skiers in the world. It spares no expense when it comes to materials. Carbon fiber and Pebax in the cuff, grilamid in the shell and magnesium in the buckles result in oustanding lightness for a boot of this performance; it weighs in at just 1,590 g in a size 27.5.
The Vulcan is compatible with all touring bindings on the market. The liner is similar to that found in the One series boots, but with a different foam in the upper which is more suited to downhill performance.
- DOWNHILL BOOSTER TONGUE: Add this super-stiff tongue to improve forward support and skiing performance. This will allow you to drive any ski on the market. Remove it for the uphill or for a softer and more forgiving forward flex when skiing down.
- ULTRA-LOCK SYSTEM 2.0: The new articulated cuff buckle which reduces lateral snag compared to the previous version, , easing the transition from SKI to WALK mode and vice-versa.
- DRIVING SPOILER 2.0: The patent-pending rear spoiler slides into the cuff, allowing the widest and smoothest cuff rotation possible. Once the Ultra-Lock system is closed, it becomes locked with the cuff, building a super-stiff downhill structure. It also alleviates friction between cuff and the inner liner, helping to retain your heel in place for better walk-ability and no blisters. The new metal spoiler insert allows the user to adjust forward lean by simply removing or reassembling two fastening Torx screws.
- SWITCH POWER STRAP: The Vulcan's power strap can be removed from the rear cuff attachment and fixed to the downhill booster tongue. The advantages of this system are clear: the tongues cannot be lost because they are linked together, and a velcro band doesn't limit comfort and range of motion while walking.
- INTERNAL CUFF STOPPERS: Two additional stoppers (patented) add to the cuff structure. These two removable inserts can be adjusted according to user preference (the second comes in the box).
- CENTRAL 45o BUCKLE SYSTEM: For this new line we developed a new innovative central buckle which is anchored exactly on the shell pivot points. It offers maximum heel retention on the uphill and downhill. Once tightened, it keeps the cuff and shell compressed and makes the full structure stiffer.
- BUCKLE CABLE RETENTION SYSTEM: Cuff and central buckle catches are developed with a unique retention system which prevents any kind of un-wanted release. It also makes unneccessary any kind of tensioning tuning on the summit for the downhill mode if set correctly at the start of the tour.
- INSULATION: A 3mm polyurethane layer provides adequate insulation.
- FLEX TONGUE DESIGN: The unique shell construction is complered with a soft flex tongue which keeps the snow out and doesn't interfere with the cuff rotation. Fixation on the shell with rivets also improves its torsional rigidity.
- QUICK STEP-IN INSERTS: The pantented Quick-Step-In inserts provide 70% easier step-in to Dynafit bindings.
- DYNAFIT PRO FREERIDE SOLE: The sole features 3 different rubber compounds: soft for the best grip (black), hard for compression resistance on the modern STEP-IN freeride bindings (grey), and medium as the best compromise between grip and abrasion resistance (green).
|Binding Compatibility||AT, Tech|
|Flex Rating||Very Stiff|
|Last Width (mm)||103|
Shell material: Grilamid
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Is this a dream...
This boot is truly amazing! I never thought I would find a touring boot as solid as my 130 flex Langes. These things are super burly and can drive any ski in any condition. What's amazing is that they also tour unbelievably well... and then you can pop back in the power tongues (if you need to) and charge them from the top. Read More...
Is this a dream...This boot is truly amazing! I never thought I would find a touring boot as solid as my 130 flex Langes. These things are super burly and can drive any ski in any condition. What's amazing is that they also tour unbelievably well... and then you can pop back in the power tongues (if you need to) and charge them from the top. I tossed in a pair of Intuition Power Tour liners to take up a bit of space, and keep my feet nice an warm. I'll definitely be skiing this boot for as long as possible, and paired with the Beast 14 I can charge just as hard as on my resort set up!