Established as the first national park in the eastern United States, Acadia National Park has 120 miles of hiking trails through more than 40,000 acres along the coast of Maine. Fully revised and updated, this edition of Hiking Acadia National Park covers ridge trails, forest paths, oceanside strolls, and cliff climbs for hikers of all ages and abilities.
For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
- An index of hikes by category —from easy day hikes to hikes to waterfalls
- Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
- GPS location for each trailhead
- GPS-compatible maps of each trail