Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Farm To Feet - Blue Ridge Compression Run Socks )
Named for Roanoke, Virginia — the hometown of the most difficult road marathon in America — it's only fitting Farm To Feet paid homage by naming their first ultralight, over-the-calf compression run sock after the famously photo-worthy route. Formerly known as the Blue Ridge Run Compression sock, the Roanoke boasts Friction-Free technology to prevent blisters and hotspots, while 100% American merino wool fibers add natural moisture-wicking and antimicrobial properties. Graduated compression from 12.5—22.5 mmHg improves blood flow and reduces muscle vibration, making the Roanoke Over-the-Calf sock ideal for both activity and recovery.
- U.S. Merino Wool: Merino wool is soft, itch-free, naturally odor- and bacteria-resistant, cool in the summer and warm in winter. We source our 100% U.S. grown merino wool exclusively from sheep raised by American farmers on American farms.
- U.S. Friction-Free Nylon: Friction-Free Technology utilizes American-made nylon to keep your feet cool, dry, and protected from abrasion. Our PTFE-coated nylon yarn features an incredibly low coefficient of friction to prevent hotspots during extended activity, and its hydrophobic properties pull moisture away from your skin for effective cooling and a breathable feel.
- Hidden Nylon Plaiting: Advanced construction that sandwiches stretch yarns between two layers of body yarn, hidden nylon plaiting creates a smooth exterior and a low-profile fit that is ideal for technical and sport socks. A side benefit of this modern knitting technique is its ability to incorporate complex patterns, open-weave zones, and intricate designs for increased performance and extra style.
- Bottom-of-Foot Cushion Zone: Found throughout our Sport collection and in some Hike models, bottom-of-foot cushioning adds shock-absorbing loop knit across the entire sole, from the toes to the heel. Cushioning here reduces impact from running and hiking, and the fitted instep won’t interfere with low-volume shoes.
- Half-Density Cushioning: On the inside of the sock, a terry knit loop every other stitch creates half-density cushioning to add softness and wicking performance without dramatically affecting sock thickness. Its lower density makes it ideal for casual socks.
- Seamless Toe Closure: Advanced knitting techniques create a totally flat connection in the toe box, reducing bulk and eliminating blister-generating friction.
- Graduated Compression: Designed to improve lower-body blood flow both during exertion and at rest, our graduated compression socks decrease in pressure from arch to upper calf, and are engineered to provide approximately 17.5 mmHg of compression at the ankle. In addition to their scientifically proven aerobic and anaerobic performance benefits, compression socks also minimize muscle vibration, which can reduce delayed-onset soreness after extended activity.
- Durability Assured: Reinforced construction and low-stress seam placement reduce wear and tear, increasing the life of the sock.
- 51% U.S. Merino Wool
- 13% U.S. PTFE Nylon
- 32% U.S. Nylon
- 4% U.S. Spandex