The longer SCALA tip allows for increased grip on sidehills and easy flatpacking to stash the skins in your pack while not in use.
The SCALA climbing skins feature the revolutionary Hybrid Tip Connector for improved glide and efficiency on the skin track. Starting with the unique G3 tip connector, the SCALA extends that same urethane material to the first contact point of the ski, offering better glide - especially when breaking trail in deep snow.
- Optimal Grip & Glide: The scale pattern on the SCALA was precisely engineered to maximize grip when the tip is engaged on the skintrack. The pattern improves side-to-side control on hard surfaces and in technical applications. The SCALA uses the ALPINIST plush material for best-in-class durability and versatility.
- Improved Packability: The stiff material of the Hybrid Tip Connector allows the SCALA skins to be packed flat, making it easy to slide into your pack or jacket for the descent.
- Scale pattern offers exceptional edge traction in technical terrain
- Hybrid Tip Connector is trimmable with G3 trim tool for custom fit
- Pattern on the back of the tip connector prevents snow creep
Sizing & Weight
- Short: 153 - 169 cm / 330 g (11.6 oz)
- Medium: 168 - 184 cm / 355 g (12.5 oz)
- Long: 183 - 199 cm / 388 g (13.7 oz)