Garmont - Karakum Low GTX
The Karakum is made to be extremely versatile. This model provides the support and protection of a hiking boot and the comfort of an athletic shoe. Excellent for both on and off trail day trips or just everyday activities. Extended lacing allows you to dial in a precise fit. The Vibram® outsole provides excellent wet/dry traction.
- Heel Lock: comfortably holds the rear foot in the heel pocket and prevent slippage and blisters.
- Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort: offers better climate comfort for warmer conditions and during higher activity levels. Durable waterproof protection.
- Extended Lacing: For a supportive customized fit. This lacing system allows for a wide range of widths.
- Assymetrical Cuff: The ankle cuff is lower on the outside and taller on the inside for better edging and greater overall stability and comfort when traversing and scrambling.
- Anatomical Tongue: The tongue matches the asymmetric shape of the top of your foot and ankle. It is thicker to the outside and progressively thinner toward the inside. This anatomic shape keeps the tongue in place resulting in better control, stability and comfort.
- Differential Ankle Pads: Securely locks the heel in place for a precise fit around the ankle bones for better stability and support.
- Precision Lacing and natural flex: The shoe flexes like your foot for out-of-the-box walking comfort.
- Roomy Toe Box: Features a straighter shape to accommodate the natural position of the big toe. With this design your toes can provide better balance and propulsion.
- Bi-density Compression Molded EVA Midsole is light in weight and provides comfortable cushioning
- Antitorsional shank for good stability
- Vibram® S1381 outsole offers great grip in all terrains. Spaced lugs help prevent mud from sticking to the sole. These versions also feature the Vibram Megagrip rubber compound which delivers impressive wet and dry traction.
- UPPER Ballistic fabric and seamless PU • Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort Waterproof/Breathable construction
- FIT Performance - This is a Classic Fit with roomier instep and forefoot volume. This fit is common to Garmont's Backpacking, Hiking and Active Travel models.