Giro - Montara Mips Helmet
From long climbs to rowdy, technical descents, the Montara™ MIPS helmet inspires your ride no matter where the trail takes you. Its compact shape offers deep, confident coverage, and the Roc Loc® Air fit system boosts ventilation while improving fit. In addition to this helmet’s already impressive cooling power, it’s outfitted with a hydrophilic, anti-microbial brow pad that can absorb up to ten-times its weight in sweat.
Giro designed the Montara MIPS to have full goggle integration, with strap grippers on the back of the helmet, and a P.O.V. Plus visor that allows you to lift the visor and place your goggles on the front of the helmet. Yet another great feature is the breakaway camera mount integration – a clever interface for your favorite light or camera.
Montara MIPS also features the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System as standard equipment. Giro believes that MIPS can provide more protection in certain impacts, and this added “under the hood” technology does not compromise fit, ventilation or style.
- MIPS: All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
- POV PLUS: Giro's P.O.V. Plus visor features an adjustment mechanism that lets you move the visor up and down in indexed steps. These steps include three riding positions plus a high position for goggle storage above your brow. The design allows you to easily adjust your visor with one hand while riding.
- HYDROPHILIC PADDING: The Hyrdrophilic Pad can absorb up to 10 times its own weight in water, helping you manage sweat while riding. The pad retains moisture to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes, and then dries quickly. The antimicrobial, X-Static lining helps to reduce odor, keeping your helmet fresh.
- ROC LOC® AIR FIT SYSTEM: This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc® Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc® 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
- ROLL CAGE™ REINFORCEMENT: Roll Cage™ is a light-yet-tough web of reinforcement invisibly molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It helps the helmet to hold together under impact, and provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice...unless you need it.
- WOMEN'S SERIES: The Women’s Series™ is a diverse collection of helmet styles, fits and prices tailored to the demands of female riders. While the level of detail and range of colors is unique within the Women’s Series helmets, they do not feature a unique “women’s fit.” That’s because there is no anatomic difference between women and men’s heads except for the average skull diameter measurement. And since Giro helmet sizes cover 98% of the human population, we believe the Women’s Series offers more options to women than any other brand.
- Construction: Full-wrap in-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner, Roll-cage reinforcement
- Fit System: Roc Loc® Air
- Ventilation: 16 vents with internal channeling
Giro - Tremor MIPS Junior Helmet$69.95
Smith - Session MIPS
Leatt - MTB 3.0 AllMtn Helmet V21.2 (2020)
Giro - Montaro MIPS Helmet$149.95