In-Person Retail Policies & Guidelines
Store Layout and Occupancy Policies
- We will be enforcing a strict 50-person occupancy limit at the shop (this includes staff). Each department in the store will have also have an occupancy limit posted at its border.
- There will be an OGE employee stationed in front of the shop on Church Street to track our current occupancy, check your compliance with the state of Vermont's travel restrictions, and answer any questions you may have.
- Our aisles have been reconfigured and marked to allow for one-way traffic.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up throughout the store, including at each entrance to the building, near the entrances to departments, and at the registers.
- Our checkout queue has been marked to help customers maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed in front of each register in use at checkout. Further, we are encouraging customers to use the touchless payment options we have available at this time.
OGE Mask Policy
- All OGE staff and customers will be required to wear a mask in order to enter/remain in the building. We will have disposable masks available at the entrance of the shop for customers who do not have one.
Fitting Room Policies
Our fitting rooms are now open! To help keep you safe while you try on clothes, we've put the following policies and procedures in place:
- All customers must use the provided hand sanitizer before entering a fitting room.
- All customers must keep their masks on while using a fitting room.
- Only 5 items may be brought into a fitting room at one time.
- Any item that is brought into a fitting room by a customer will be quarantined for 24 hours before it is put back on the sales floor.
- Only 50% of our fitting rooms may be occupied at one time (3 rooms). Once a customer is finished trying their items on, that room will be marked as used and will be made unavailable until it is cleaned.
- Once all of our available fitting rooms have been marked as used, they will have all of their surfaces wiped down with a virucidal cleaner before they are made available again.
As part of these safety precautions, we have also upgraded our HVAC system above the fitting rooms to substantially improve their air circulation and ventilation.
- Until further notice, in-store consignment intake during weekdays will be done by appointment (appointments are to be made during our current open store hours). During weekends, appointments will be available from 10AM - 11:30 AM (1 every 30 minutes, or 4 appointments per day)—if you are planning on consigning a large number of items, please consider making an appointment for one of these times. Walk-in consignment on weekends will be available starting at 12PM. To make an appointment to consign your gear, please call 802-861-7520.
- Due to a lower-than-usual use of cash in the store, payouts that are not taken as store credit will be made by check with checks being mailed within three days of being requested.
- Consignment returns that have been held onto since the store closed on March 18 will be honored for up to 7 days after our store’s reopening date.
- Customer dogs will be allowed in the building provided they are (as always) leashed and well-behaved.
- Gear Rentals are back! With our service techs adding a thorough disinfecting to each rental's post-return routine, we're confident in the safety of our gear.
- We've been working hard to put on fun and safe events for our community to enjoy! Check out our events page for details about what we've got on-deck.
Curbside Pickup and Bike Service Details
Same-Day Curbside Pickup
If you’re feeling uncomfortable about coming into the shop, we can still help you get the gear you need, fast! With same-day curbside pickup, our floor staff is ready and waiting to take your order by phone so you can get on with getting outside.
HOW IT WORKS:
First, Call in Your Order
We’re taking orders for same-day curbside pickup from 10:00AM - 5:00PM*, 7 days a week. Just pre-shop our website** to pick out what you want, then call us at 802-861-7531 to place your order. Our staff will take your payment info over the phone.
* Please note that orders placed after 3:00PM will need to be picked up the following day.
** When you’re picking out your gear online, make note of the name, color, size, and stock number of the item(s) you want to buy so our staff can find it for you.
We are unfortunately unable to fulfill same-day curbside pickup orders on consignment items.
Then, Pick up your order
Our staff will contact you by phone once your items are ready for (contactless) pickup. Once you arrive at OGE, simply give us a call and we will bring your order outside to you. We can also place your items directly in your vehicle’s trunk upon request.
We are currently accepting credit card payments only. All same-day curbside pickup orders must be placed over the phone with one of our staff members—we aren't able to process orders made via voicemail or online for same-day curbside pickup.
Bike Service & Repair
Our service department is back up and running! To make an appointment for curbside service or to buy a new bike, call our friendly tech team at 802-861-7533 or shoot them an email at [email protected]. Thanks for choosing OGE as your local bike shop!
- We strongly encourage customers to contact our service department ahead of time and make an appointment for bike service and sales.
- We can accommodate walk-in bike sales, but are limited to 1 test ride per staff member, so customers may need to wait for staff members to become available.
- Our appointment hours are from 10AM - 5PM, 7 days a week.
- Many of our bike brands are now for sale on our website. Feel free to browse our selection for information about available models and sizing before you call in!
- We are experiencing longer than usual turnaround times due to the volume of service and reduced staff levels and the precautions we are following to ensure staff and customers are safe. Please be patient with us.
Important Info For Non-Vermont Residents
The State of Vermont has implemented travel restrictions for visitors coming from out of state. If a customer is found to have not complied with these restrictions, we'll be unable to let them into the shop. A list of these restrictions (with an accompanying map) can be found below. For more information about cross-state travel into Vermont, check out the State of Vermont's COVID-19 Resource website.
State Of Vermont Guidelines For Out of State Visitors:
- Residents of other states who live in counties across the Northeast including New England; New York; Pennsylvania; Ohio; New Jersey; Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; Virginia; and West Virginia that have a similar active COVID-19 caseload to Vermont (defined as less than 400 active cases per million) may enter the state for leisure travel without quarantining if they do so in a personal vehicle.
- Residents of other states who live in a quarantine county or are from any other state outside of the Northeast (including New England; New York; Pennsylvania; Ohio; New Jersey; Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; Virginia; and West Virginia), must follow quarantine guidelines:
- Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle, may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont via public transportation (plane, train, bus) or from further than a direct car ride would allow may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).