From back lips to back flips, the K2 Afterblack is a premium freestyle snowboard that specializes in night missions, wall rides, and huge airs, and promises to come through in the clutch to give you the confidence to give it one more go. This freestyle twin features a mid-flex and K2's Combination Camber Profile--cambered in between the bindings with just the right amount of rocker outside the inserts--to give it a playful feeling while still being able to hold speed and track on the big jump line. Its all-wood BAP Core blends three species of sustainably harvested wood--bamboo, aspen, and paulownia--to deliver snappy pop and rebound while damping vibration on drop-ins and long in-runs. Tip-to-tail triaxially woven fiberglass harmoniously integrates with Carbon DarkWeb™ stringers extending from the binding inserts to both the toe and heel side edges, giving the Afterblack stability and edge control for popping off lips and sending big side hits. To top it off, the fast and durable Sintered 4000 base soaks up wax to ensure you’ll have enough speed to send you well past the knuckle and down to the sweet spot in the landing.
At the end of the day, everyone wants a board they can run through the wringer without worrying about it falling to pieces, and the K2 Afterblack is a burly freestyle snowboard that has the tech you need to land your trick when the camera is rolling and the consequence is high.
- BAP CORE: K2 has blended three species of renewable timber to assemble a core that’s strong, lightweight, and designed to enhance dampening without the addition of other materials.
- TRIAXIAL GLASS: A glass laminate with diagonal layers that adds torsional stiffness for increased stability and improved edge hold. The fibers three layers of fibers are woven at 45°, 45°, and 0°. This makes for a more responsive ride longitudinally and torsionally.
- CARBON DARKWEB: A carbon fiber lay-up that aids in energy transfer and stability, speeding up edge-to-edge transitions and keeping you in control in times of need.
- SINTERED 4000 BASE: Our Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- PLAYFUL/PRECISE: 6
- BOARD SHAPE: Twin
- SNOWBOARD PROFILE: Combination Camber
- SNOWBOARD SHAPE NOTES: Traditional Shape
- SNOWBOARD BASE: 4000 Sintered
- SNOWBOARD CORE: BAP
- SNOWBOARD GLASS: Triax
- SNOWBOARD ADDITIVE: Carbon DarkWeb™
- SNOWBOARD INSERTS: 2 X 4
- SNOWBOARD FLEX: 6
- SNOWBOARD RAIL/JIB: 9
- SNOWBOARD JUMPS/PIPE: 8
- SNOWBOARD GROOMERS: 5
- SNOWBOARD POWDER: 5
- SNOWBOARDS CATEGORY: All Mountain, Freestyle
- SNOWBOARD WIDTH: Standard, Wide