Kastle - FX96 HP Ski 2020
The FX96 loves to dabble in freeride freedom, and when teamed up with the FREETOUR 12 2.0 binding is also designed to be used as a touring ski. The 3D shape, triple wood core and carbon-fibreglass wrapped core of the lightweight TRI technology results in maximum transfer of power, stability and perfect float. Combined with Hollowtech 3.0 this ski raises the bar in terms of minimised weight and maximised downhill performance.
The HP in the name stands for high performance. And the FX96 HP certainly lives up to its name, whether it’s challenging backcountry or big fat turns on corduroy. For a one-ski quiver, this ski is hard to beat.
- Hollowtech: HOLLOWTECH 3.0 is created in two layers. A new outer ring cuts out even more materials to save more weight
- Woodcore: Each Kästle ski is built with the finest wood core, manufactured with precision to one-tenth of a millimeter. This allows us to control the weight, responsiveness and dampening characteristics of the ski, resulting in a high-quality, durable product.
- Sandwich-Sidewall Construction: Kastle adapts their Sandwich-Sidewall Construction from alpine racing and consider this technology a distinguishing feature of all of their models.
- Elliptical Radius: Each model is designed to have its own carving characteristics, which is based on the ski’s intended application, by adjusting the radius along the waist of the ski. The shape of the Elliptical Radius determines how quickly and aggressively the ski enters and exits a turn.
- Graphite Sinter Base: Kästle uses uncompromisingly high-quality UHM SINTERED GRAPHITE bases, like those used in ski racing, for all its adult skis.
- Camber: With LOW CAMBER, the ski center is slightly elevated and the contact points are moved toward the ski center. The effective edge is consequentially less, and the ski is more playful and forgiving.
- Shovel and Tail: The HOOK FREE TAIL is often combined with Dual Rise and a longer tail, with the contact point being moved toward the center of the ski. The result is a forgiving, playful performance when exiting a turn.
- Rise: With Rise technology, Kastle optimizes the shovel of the ski and control its float depending on the ski’s application.
- HP - High Performance: Kästle HP are high-performance models that allow skiers to reach and exceed their limits. They create unique constructions with additional carbon for the most demanding skiers. Connoisseurs recognize this feature through the HP lettering on each ski.
- Tri-Tech: Kastle's TRI-TECH construction combines three innovative technologies to reduce weight while maximizing stability, power transmission and float. 3D Shape, Triple Woodcore, and 1/3 Wrapped Core
|Collection||Early Bird Ski Collection|
|Weight||1795g @ 172cm|
|Underfoot Width (mm)||96|
|Ski Profile||Traditional Camber|