The lightweight and easy to use design makes the Katadyn Hiker a great choice for all-around use. Filter physically removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.3 microns in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidium and others. Glass-fiber element is pleated for increased surface area to handle silt and muddy water. Activated-carbon core adsorbs chemicals and pesticides to improve taste of water. Pre-filter at hose inlet filters to 150 microns, removing larger contaminants before they reach the main filter to increase its life span. Quick-connect adapter sends the filtered water directly into your hydration pack or Nalgene reservoir (both sold separately).
Features & Specifications:
- Includes a carry sack and bottle adapter that fits most water bottles.
- Made in USA
- Weight: 11.7 ounces
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches
- Filter medium: Pleated 0.3 micron glass fiber/carbon core
- Removes Protozoa and bacteria
- Output 1.5 liters per minute
- Pump force 8 pounds. Pump strokes per liter 40.
- This unit is not field cleanable.
- Cartridge must be changed periodically.