Kula Community: "We are very excited to offer our very first Kula for a Cause! Through a serendipitous series of events, founder Anastasia Allison befriended a teacher named Bethany Hutson. Bethany is an avid hiker and outdoorswoman, and she wanted to bring her love of the wilderness to the students in her school. With the support of her school district, she founded a Wilderness Club - and Kula founder Anastasia even attended the students' first official outing - a snowshoeing trip in the Cascades.
The students in this club attend Onalaska High School in Onalaska, Washington. As they began learning more and more about sustainability, they felt empowered to make a difference in the lives of their fellow students. The students' only access to filtered water is through the purchase of $1 single use water bottles, and the Wilderness Club saw this as a chance to make a positive impact. The students decided that they wanted to take it upon themselves to fundraise, purchase and install a water bottle filling station in the school.
At Kula, we are committed to making a difference, and we are absolutely devoted to using Kula as a vehicle for good in the world. We are donating 100% of profits from the purchase of this Kula to the Wilderness Club at Onalaska High School. In addition, we have an anonymous donor who has agreed to match our giving, up to $3500."
'Hailey's River' was painted by 16 year old Hailey, a student at Onalaska High School and a member of the Wilderness Club.
- Double layer textile to promote clean wilderness, travel or urban hygiene
- Super absorbent and soft
- Advanced, silver-infused/antimicrobial super-absorbent textile
- Eco friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- Antimicrobial, durable, waterproof, "clean" side so your hand doesn't get wet
- Easily snaps to backpack using hypoallergenic plastic snaps
- 'Double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half
- Easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- Reflective detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- Looks really cool on your pack and in photos (tag Kula on IG! #dothekula)
- Size: ~ 6x6 inches
- Weight: .63oz (-note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger and a tiny bit 'thicker' than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we used to custom print each item individually)
- Proudly made in the USA