La Sportiva's G5 is an ultra technical, waterproof boot for high altitude mountaineering. Quick and easy to lock down, it features quick-drying materials. The rear flex zone facilitates walking on all types of terrain, even on uneven terrain. The weather protection is maximized thanks to the waterproof Cordura® gaiter with heat sealed zipper and Velcro cover and the inner waterproof membrane. Volume and weight are reduced to a minimum: the protective edge is made of a super lightweight material, PU TechLite™ while the midsole is made from insulating carbon honey-comb tech 3 mm. G5 is the ideal product for prolonged stays in mountain environments and combines the thermal insulation characteristics of a double shell boot to those of lightness and containment of volumes of a single shell boot. Gimme Five, G5.
- Gaiter: protective outer shell consists of a Cordura® stretch, water-repellent and anti-abrasion + functional, stretch fabric + waterproof membrane
- Inner Shell: 4 layer insulating structure: waterproof Cordura® + insulating felt + insulating polyethylene barrier + abrasion resistant, breathable mesh
- Lacing system: Velcro at the top, Boa quick lacing system at the bottom, external, waterproof zip
- Footbed: Carbon insulation, Honey-Comb Tech 3mm
- Midsole: 2mm Polyurethane with different thickness on the toe and heel for crampon compatibility
- Sole: Vibram® Matterhorn with Impact Brake System lug