If you ever want to find out where the "Light" in the name "Creon Light" comes from, just pick up one of these packs when it is empty. The 32-liter version weighs less than a kilogram, and yet it can still hold enough gear for a weekend tour if you pack smartly. Despite its light weight, this pack is no pushover; the frame is quite rigid, which allows for good weight transfer onto your hips, and the fabrics are not so delicate that you have to worry much about ripping them. The highly ventilated back panel and straps allow plenty of airflow on hot summer days, and Mammut's "4-Stream" back panel design eliminates many of the disadvantages inherent in other suspended mesh back panel designs, including the typical reduction in internal pack volume.
The Creon Light comes in one size, with three shoulder strap positions on each pack to accomodate different torso lengths.
- The 4 STREAM system eliminates all the disadvantages of existing air space suspension systems: rising hot air can escape upwards, the balance point is closer to the body and packing is easier.
- The 3-level back system can be easily adjusted to suit the length of the wearer's back
- Height-adjustable lid with internal and external pocket
- Side zip access to the main compartment
- 1 large stretch front pocket
- 2 stretch side pockets
- 2 pole carriers with tubular sheath
- Pocket on the hip belt
- Lateral compression straps, can also be tensioned at the front to carry gear.
- Hydration system compatible
- Additional Information
Intended Use Hiking/Backpacking
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Comfortable, fully featured ultralight pack
This pack is stable with a good amount of weight due to the stiff aluminum wire frame. The airflow suspension is really comfortable. What sets this pack apart in my mind (besides the comfortable fit) is the features - top and side access, large brain with mesh pocket, large mesh stow pockets on the front, sides, and on the waistbelt. This thing is so perfect for overnight or extended summer trips.
Write Your Own Review