The Muirwoods 29er is Marin's rough and tumble commute machine. Offering the toughness of a mountain bike-based cromoly frame and fork with an updated geometry and durable component selection, this bike is designed for riders wanting some fun on their commute. From jumping curbs and train tracks to adventuring the dirt roads on the outskirts of town, the Muirwoods 29er can take it all. A 27-speed Shimano Altus and Alivio drivetrain provides the perfect gear regardless of terrain while Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide dependable braking performance regardless of weather conditions. Night time visibility is taken into account with highly reflective 3M graphics on the frame and tires, while integrated rack and fender mounts allow you to build up the bike to best suit your needs.
- 4130 CrMo steel tubing for life-long durability and a smooth ride.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide confident braking performance in all conditions.
- Reflective graphics for 360° nighttime visibility.
- Secure accessory mounting on all Marin urban bikes with ultra-durable brazed-in eyelets on the frame.
Bike Frame Specifications
- Frame: Custom Double Butted CrMo, 700c/29
- Weight: 28.51 lb/12.93 kg (published bike weight is based on a size XL frame)
- Front Fork: CrMo, Fender and Rack Eyelets, IS Disc
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCR6, 48/36/26T, Ring Guard
- Derailleur Rear: Shimano Alivio Shadow
- Shift Lever: Shimano Altus 9-Speed
- Derailleur Front: Shimano Altus
- Cassette: Shimano Alivio 9-Speed, 12-36T
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearing, Square Taper
- Chain: KMC X9
- Hub Rear: Formula, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Hub Front: Formula, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Rim: Araya DS700, Double Wall, Disc Specific
- Spokes Nipples: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: Schwalbe Citizen, 29x1.6”/700x42c, Reflective Sidewall, Kevlar Puncture Protection
- Brakes Front: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic
- Handlebar: Marin Flat Top Riser
- Grips: Marin Custom Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy
- Headset: FSA No.8D, Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- Seatpost: Marin Alloy
- Saddle: Marin Fitness
- Pedals: Resin Platform
Sizes S M L XL XXL Stack 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 Reach 387 420 432 434 431 Head Tube Angle 71 72 72 72 72 Head Tube Length (mm) 123 123 133 143 163 Seat Tube Angle 74 73.5 73.5 73 72 Seat Tube Angle Virtual Seat Tube Actual 381 432 483 521 559 Top Tube Actual (mm) 537 567 581 592 607 Top Tube Effective (mm) 550 590 605 615 630 BB Height 283 283 283 283 283 BB Drop 70 70 70 70 70 Fork Offset 51 45 45 45 45 Stand Over Height 743 778 810 835 863 Wheel Base 1052 1070 1086 1090 1094 Chain Stay (mm) 445 445 445 445 445 Seat Post (mm) 27.2 27.2 27.2 27.2 27.2
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)