Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( MARIN - Pioneer Trail 29er )
Fully equipped and ready to explore, the Pioneer Trail 29er is the perfect answer to the question, "How should I explore the world today?"
The Pioneer Trail's frame layout is designed to maximize the inherent benefits of 29-inch wheels, which emphasize speed, stability, and traction. 29ers came about as cross country racers were looking for a wheel size that would roll more easily across terrain features (bumps, roots, etc). The larger diameter wheel decreases the angle between the tire as it rolls forward, and bumps, roots, and rocks, as they present themselves in front of the tire. This means that the tire is slowed down less as it overcomes the obstacle, which translates into less resistance to the rider. 29" platforms take maximum advantage of this larger wheel size to provide efficient pedalling to maximize rider output and performance.
The front triangle of the Pioneer Trail is made of cold-drawn 6061-T6 aluminium tubing. These tubes receive a multi-step process to tune ride quality, strength and weight. Tubing shapes are also designed for specific placement within the frame, with the top tube and down tube having proprietary shape and dimensions. The tubing is shaped at ambient temperatures to increase the tensile strength and reduce elongation values, making an ultimately stiffer and stronger tube. The formed facets of the tubes are designed to increase ride quality by resisting torsional flex at the bottom bracket and head tube area, resulting in a frame that is more efficient in transferring pedaling energy and deflection forces from the fork and terrain.
Marin Sport Geometry is optimized for adventure and medium-to-hard efforts, placing the rider in the most versatile position for pedaling and steering inputs. The shorter effective top tube length is more comfortable, and the longer chainstay length slows down steering for a more predictable offroad ride.
- Frame: 6061 Double Butted Aluminum 29er with Edge 3 OS Top and Down Tubes
- Front Fork: Suntour XCT MLO-29, 100mm Travel with Lockout
- Rear Suspension: 0
- Shift Lever: Shimano EF51 EZ-FIRE Plus, 8-Speed
- Derailleur Front: Shimano Altus
- Derailleur Rear: Shimano Acera
- Brakes Front: Tektro MD-M311 Mechanical Disc, 7” Rotor
- Brakes Rear: Tektro MD-M311 Mechanical Disc, 6” Rotor
- Brake Levers: Shimano with Integrated Shifters
- Pedals: Alloy Mountain
- Crankset: Shimano M311, 42/32/22T
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Chain: KMC HG40
- Cassette: Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8-Speed
- Hub Rear: Formula, 32 Hole
- Hub Front: Formula, 32 Hole
- Rim: Alex TD26 29-Inch, Double Wall
- Spokes Nipples: 14 Gauge Black Stainless
- Tires: Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 29 x 2.25
- Saddle: Marin Comp Mountain
- Seatpost: Marin Alloy Micro Adjust, 350mm
- Stem: Marin Alloy, Threadless
- Handlebar: Double Butted 6061 Alloy, OS-31.8mm, 10mm Rise, 710mm Wide
- Grips: Marin Mountain
- Headset: FSA, 1 1/8”