Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Mountain Hardwear - Hammerhead 2 Tent )
Mountain Hardwear's best warm weather tent, the Hammerhead is breezy and roomy - just what you want on a summer backpacking trip.
The Hammerhead 2 has two adjustable vents in the rainfly for air circulation, high ceilings for extra head room, and a large floor plan to keep you from feeling stifled on warm summer nights. Two large canopy doors for easy entry, lead into two huge vestibules for easy gear storage, so you can move about the Hammerhead with ease. Coming into camp late? Color coded poles and grommet tabs and reflective starter points make even late-night set up easy. Once you have the Hammerhead set up you can enjoy its most unique feature: a convertible roof panel that zips closed for privacy or zips out entirely for unimpeded stargazing. Additionally, the Pitchlighttmconfiguration allows users to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles, and footprint (sold separately), so if you know you have blue skies ahead, you can shave weight off your pack by leaving the tent body at home.
- Industry leading DAC Pressfit™ poles.
- Fully removable zip out panel that takes 4 ounces off the trail weight
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours.
- Pitch Light™ configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch™ stabilizes tent using fewer poles
- Two adjustable vents in fly sheet for air circulation
- High ceiling for extra head room
- Two large canopy doors with dual slider zippers for easy entry
- Two vestibules for storage
- Reflective starter point, guy-out loops and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- Superlight 1/4" buckles and webbing reduce tent weight
- Color coded pole loops for easy set up
|Shelter Type||Freestanding Tent|
|Floor Area||36 ft2 / 3.3 m2|
|Tent Floor Area sq feet||36|
|Vestibule Area||2 Vestibules of 11 ft2 / 1m2|
|Floor Dimensions||5 ft 4.5 in X 7ft 6 in|
|Peak Height||44 in / 112 cm|
|Number of Poles||3|
|Pole Material||DAC Pressfit™ poles|
|Packaged Weight||6 lb 7 oz / 2.92 kg|
|Trail Weight||6 lb / 2.72 kg|
|Tent Trail Weight Oz||96|
|Packed Size||5 in X 22 in / 15 cm X 56 cm|