The name of this tent makes it pretty clear that Mountain Hardwear is proud of what they've achieved with it. They couldn't find a single adjective that really captured the essence of it - not super, not mega, not ultra, but some combination of all three.
What makes this tent so superlative is that it's light. A packaged weight of only 2 lb 7 oz. / 1.11 kilograms, for two people? Yes, you read that right. Two DAC Featherlight™ NSL poles and a really, really light 10-denier rainfly help make it happen. It's no secret that 2-person tents of this weight class aren't exactly palaces inside, but if you're comfortable cuddling your tent mate (perfect for couples) or want a lightweight one-person shelter with a bit of room to spare, the SuperMega is a good bet. It's also quite a sight when packed up, being hardly any larger than the bundle of poles it's wrapped around.
- Industry leading DAC Featherlight™ NSL poles
- Super lightweight fabrics designed in every aspect to be as lightweight as possible but to still deliver solid protection from the elements.
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors.
- One Dry entry vestibule for added storage and convenience.
- Truly free standing light weight geometry and design.
- Welded zipper flap construction is lighter and drier than a sewn flap
- Mesh pockets for interior storage
- Super-light buckles and webbing reduce tent weight
- Additional Information
Shelter Type Double Wall Tent, Freestanding Tent Capacity 2 person Season 3 season Doors 1 Door Floor Area 27 sq. ft. / 2.5 m2 Floor Dimensions 85" x 35" / 216 cm x 89 cm Peak Height 36" / 91 cm Number of Poles 2 Pole Material Paleria 'DAC Featherlight™ NSL Aluminum Packaged Weight 2 lb. 7 oz. / 1.11 kg Trail Weight 2 lb 2 oz. / 0.98 kg Fast Pack Weight 1 lb. 10 oz. / 733 g. Packed Size 22" x 5" diameter / 56 cm x 13 cm diameter