MSR - Guardian Purifier Pump
MSR knows the value of hedging one's bets when it comes to water. That's why they developed the Guardian Purifier. A product with the ability to turn water across the globe into a potable source using military-grade technology. Viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and particulate alike are stopped short by the hollow fiber cartridge that will last for over 10,000 liters. The Guardian is self-cleaning, can filter two and a half liters per minute while in use, and requires little to no setup. Campers and hikers need only direct the intake hose into their water source and begin pumping. The MSR Guardian is a lynchpin to any traveler's toolbox when exploring unfamiliar territory.
- Ultimate Protection: Meets NSF protocol P248, testing standard used by U.S. military, for removal of viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and sediment from “worst-case” water conditions.
- Fast & Easy: Pumps a rapid 2.5 liters per minute, offering added viral protection without the need for chemicals, bulbs, batteries, or waiting.
- Self-Cleaning: Pump self-cleans on every stroke, providing consistently fast flow rates with zero hassle—no backflushing or filter-scrubbing ever required.
- Long-Lasting: Leading-edge hollow fiber cartridge treats up to 10,000+ liters.
- Extremely Durable: Engineered to withstand heavy use, freezing, drops*, and harsh environments.
- Color: Smoke
- Effective against protozoa: Yes
- Effective against bacteria: Yes
- Effective against particulate: Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins: No
- Effective against viruses: Yes
- Weight: 1 lbs 1.3 oz / 490 g
- Filter media: Advanced Hollow Fiber
- Filter pore size (microns): 0.02
- Flow (L/min): 2.5 liters per min
- Cartridge life: 10,000+ liters
- Field cleanable: Self-Cleaning
- Field maintainable: Yes
- Water Bottle Adapter: Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator: Yes
- Country of Origin: Made in the U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials