To meet the needs of multi-activity backcountry adventurers, we set out to engineer the most versatile water filter ever. MSR'sTrail Base microfilter kit features modular components that allow it to be used as a gravity system at camp, a pocket-sized filter on the trail, or a fast-and-light reservoir when you need to carry clean water with you. Whether you’re hiking, biking or basecamping, the Trail Base water filter kit offers incredible flexibility and options, making it the one filter that truly adapts to your adventure and the filtration task at hand.
- Effective Against: Bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate. Hollow fiber filter meets U.S. EPA drinking water standards* and NSF protocol P231 testing standard.
- Versatile: Modular components allow system to quickly and easily transform from a 2 L gravity system into a small trail filter and back.
- Simple Transitions: Trail filter simply quick-connects into gravity system to create the complete gravity-fed filter system.
- Complete Kit: Includes ultralight, durable clean water reservoir, which features our 3-in-1 cap for easy filling, drinking and pouring.
*U.S. EPA Guide Standard and Protocol for Testing Microbiological Purifiers
- Weight: 1 lbs 6 oz / 0.62 kg
- Width: 8.5 in / 12.7 cm
- Effective against bacteria / particulate / protozoa
- Filter media: Hollow Fiber
- Filter pore size (microns): 0.2
- Flow (L/min): 1 liters per min
- Flow (strokes per liter): 60
- Cartridge life: 1500 liters
- Field cleanable: Yes
- Field maintainable: Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator: Yes
- Country of Origin: Made in the USA of US and Imported Materials