For over 30 years, MSRs XGK has been the worlds most reliable extreme-condition stove, trusted by mountaineers everywhere. Our new XGK EX builds on that legacy. Like its predecessor, the EX boasts unrivaled performance, dependably burning a greater variety of liquid fuels than any stove on the market. It also features a new flexible fuel line that allows it to pack smaller than ever, as well as retractable legs and pot supports for superior stability no matter where your next expedition takes you.
- Proven: No. 1 choice on expeditions worldwide.
- Multi-Fuel: Reliably burns more liquid fuels than any other stove.
- Dependable: Easy to field maintain; Shaker Jet cleans fuel jet with a simple shake.
- Compact: New flexible fuel line allows stove to fit in a 1.5-liter MSR pot.
- Superfast: Boils 1 liter of water in just 2.8 minutes (using kerosene fuel).
- Extra-Stable: New retractable legs and pot supports provide unprecedented stability.
- Minimum Weight: 13.2 oz. (374 g)
- Boil Time: 3.5 Minutes.
- Minimum Weight: 13.2 oz / 374 g
- Packed Weight: 1 lbs 1.2 oz / 489 g
- Burn time (white gas) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel: 109 minutes
- Burn time (kerosene) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel: 98 minutes
- Burn time (diesel) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel: 170 minutes
- Boil time (white gas), 1 liter: 3.5 minutes
- Boil time (kerosene), 1 liter: 2.8 minutes
- Boil time (diesel), 1 liter: 4.5 minutes
- Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel: 4.9 liters
- Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.5 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 100 ml of fuel: 5.7 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.7 liters
- Water boiled (diesel) per 100 ml of fuel: 6.3 liters
- Water boiled (diesel) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.9 liters
- Country of Origin: Made in Seattle, USA
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
All Purpose Blowtorch
I've used this stove probably 100 days in the back country. It is the simplest and easiest liquid fuel stove to maintain that I have worked with. The huge, sturdy base makes it great for big pots as well. The XGK's strength is producing tons of BTU's for boiling water and melting snow fast, but with a little creativity I've cooked pancakes and omelettes on theses stoves as well. (It does take attention though as this stove burns super hot). The XGK will be my go to stove until they stop making it.