NEMO’s Unique AirSupported Technology (AST®) airbeams, or inflatable ribs, weigh hardly anything and pack smaller than traditional poles for the perfect bikepacking solution. The Escape Pod is a favorite of minimalists, including kayakers and ultralight thru-hikers, for its ethereal weight and incredibly small pack size — it packs down as small as a grapefruit and can squeeze into crevices that shelters with poles can’t.
This two-thirds length bivy with a drawstring closure provides bug protection where you need it, without wasting an ounce of weight.
- Inflatable airbeam is remarkably compressible and yet stronger than tent poles.
- Two-thirds length provides bug protection for head and shoulders.
- Drawstring closure pulls tight around sleeping bag to keep bugs outside.
- Packs incredibly small to roughly the size of a Florida grapefruit.
- Ideal for adventures where packed size really matters, including bikepacking, sea kayaking, motorcyle touring, and thru-hiking.
- Integrated pump inflates bivy quickly and easily.
- Winner of OutDoor Industry Award in 2016.
- Floor Fabric: 200 PeU Nylon Ripstop (3000mm)
- Canopy Fabric: No-See-Um Mesh
- Guy-out cord
- Repair kit
- Integrated pump
- Drawstring stuff sack
|Floor Area||8.6 sq ft|
|Floor Dimensions||47.7 x 35.9 inches|
|Peak Height||24 inches|
|Number of Poles||1|
|Packaged Weight||11 oz|
|Trail Weight||7 oz|
|Packed Size||8 x 4 inches|