OGE Retail Guidelines In Response to COVID-19
In-Person Retail Policies & Guidelines
Store Layout and Occupancy Policies
- We will be enforcing a strict 50-person occupancy limit at the shop (this includes staff). Each department in the store will have also have an occupancy limit posted at its border.
- There will be an OGE employee stationed in front of the shop on Church Street to track our current occupancy and answer any questions you may have.
- Our aisles have been reconfigured and marked to allow for one-way traffic.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up throughout the store, including at each entrance to the building, near the entrances to departments, and at the registers.
- Our checkout queue has been marked to help customers maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed in front of each register in use at checkout. Further, we are encouraging customers to use the touchless payment options we have available at this time.
OGE Mask Policy
- All OGE staff and customers will be required to wear a mask in order to enter/remain in the building. We will have disposable masks available at the entrance of the shop for customers who do not have one.
- Our current consignment selection has been quarantined for the past two months and is safe to shop.
- Consignment intake will resume starting Monday, June 1st. This will be by appointment only, between the hours of 10AM and 12PM. Customers can call 802-861-7531 to make an appointment. We plan on expanding the hours that we can take appointments weekly, and may have some space for walk-in consignment in the coming weeks as well.
- Due to a lower-than-usual use of cash in the store, payouts that are not taken as store credit will be made by check with checks being mailed within three days of being requested.
- Consignment returns that have been held onto since the store closed on March 18 will be honored for up to 7 days after our store’s reopening date.
- Customer dogs will be allowed in the building provided they are (as always) leashed and well-behaved.
- At this time, we are not offering gear rentals or demos of any kind. However, if you are interested in purchasing a bike, you may call our service department at 802-861-7533 to schedule a test ride.
- All events, demos, clinics, and classes have been canceled until further notice. We are doing our best to plan safe outdoor events for the summer though, so keep an eye out!
Curbside Pickup and Bike Service Details
Same-Day Curbside Pickup
If you’re feeling uncomfortable about coming into the shop, we can still help you get the gear you need, fast! With same-day curbside pickup, our floor staff is ready and waiting to take your order by phone so you can get on with getting outside.
HOW IT WORKS:
First, Call in Your Order
We’re taking orders for same-day curbside pickup from 10:00AM - 5:00PM*, 7 days a week. Just pre-shop our website** to pick out what you want, then call us at 802-861-7531 to place your order. Our staff will take your payment info over the phone.
* Please note that orders placed after 3:00PM will need to be picked up the following day.
** When you’re picking out your gear online, make note of the name, color, size, and stock number of the item(s) you want to buy so our staff can find it for you.
We are unfortunately unable to fulfill same-day curbside pickup orders on consignment items.
Then, Pick up your order
Our staff will contact you by phone once your items are ready for (contactless) pickup. Once you arrive at OGE, simply give us a call and we will bring your order outside to you. We can also place your items directly in your vehicle’s trunk upon request.
We are currently accepting credit card payments only. All same-day curbside pickup orders must be placed over the phone with one of our staff members—we aren't able to process orders made via voicemail or online for same-day curbside pickup.
Bike Service & Repair
Our service department is back up and running! To make an appointment for curbside service or to buy a new bike, call our friendly tech team at 802-861-7533 or shoot them an email at [email protected]. Thanks for choosing OGE as your local bike shop!
- We strongly encourage customers to contact our service department ahead of time and make an appointment for bike service and sales.
- We can accommodate walk-in bike sales, but are limited to 1 test ride per staff member, so customers may need to wait for staff members to become available.
- Our appointment hours are from 10AM - 5PM, 7 days a week.
- Many of our bike brands are now for sale on our website. Feel free to browse our selection for information about available models and sizing before you call in!
- We are experiencing longer than usual turnaround times due to the volume of service and reduced staff levels and the precautions we are following to ensure staff and customers are safe. Please be patient with us.