Ice climbing is a difficult sport to make apparel for. It demands everything - warmth, durability, breathability, mobility. We all know that outdoor clothing is a world of compromises, and so it's hard to deliver everything in one garment. The Outdoor Research Alibi Jacket is about as close as we're likely to come.
The shoulders and hood of the Alibi are made from a waterproof and abrasion-resistant fabric with a Ventia™ waterproof laminate, while the torso is made of a more breathable and stretchy softshell fabric for improved comfort and mobility. The two-piece hood is unique: one piece is a liner that goes inside your helmet to keep your head warm, while the outer shell goes over it to keep the elements at bay. The TorsoFlo™ vent zippers are another Outdoor Research special, providing a large area of ventilation that you can adjust according to the conditions.
Feature list from Outdoor Research:
- Ventia Hybrid™ construction
- Water-resistant zippers
- Rugged, waterproof Ventia™ soft shell shoulders and hood with smooth tricot interior
- Water-resistant, breathable and warm
- Fleece-backed soft shell front body
- Highly breathable, moisture wicking nylon/polyester stretch double-weave fabric under arms, sides and back
- Two-piece hood- adjustable shell ?ts over helmet, and zip-out inner polyester/spandex balaclava ?ts under helmet for next-to-skin warmth
- Hood rolls up when not in use
- TorsoFlo™ hem-to-pit side zippers for optimal ventilation; Can be worn poncho-style over hip belt Fabric- 100% nylon with brushed tricot liner shoulders and hood; 100% nylon with 100% polyester fleece backer body and inside sleeve; 50% nylon, 43% polyester, 7% spandex sides and lower back
ABOUT OUTDOOR RESEARCH
A passion for human powered adventure inspired the birth of Outdoor Research, an outdoor gear company based in Seattle, Washington. And 27 years later, this passion remains as strong as ever. But OR’s goals have expanded to embrace a greater mission: their customers' experiences of human powered adventure. Over the years, they’ve learned it's not simply about what we think. It's about listening to their customers and building their ideas into OR products.
Truly useful gear is the result of a process that begins by paying careful attention to the needs of outdoor adventurers. By listening to these people, OR achieves a clear purpose for the functionality of each product. From this, they deliver what is the hallmark of OR products: functional gear that works and lasts. As a result of placing quality and function first they offer the finest guarantee in the industry — OR's Infinite Guarantee®.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Insulating