Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Outdoor Research - Revel Jacket Men's )
There may be no such thing as one three-season rain garment to rule them all, but the Outdoor Research Revel jacket comes pretty close. With a fabric and feature set that is unique among all rain jackets at GearX, the Revel sets itself apart with its blend of comfort, weight, and packability.
The appeal of the Revel begins with its fabric. A 2.5-layer jacket, the Revel uses Pertex Shield DS fabric with 40 denier nylon face fabric and a silver (the color, not the metal) lining that doesn't feel like any other 2.5-layer lining on the market. It's exceedingly smooth and feels very nice both in the hand and next-to-skin.
From the fabric, we move on to features. The Revel features two zippered hand pockets, and the entire jacket can be stowed inside one of them for easy packing. The hood rolls away into a zippered opening on the collar when not needed, and the sides of the jacket has OR's signature TorsoFlo hem-to-bicep pit zips, which allow you to wear the jacket poncho-style on steamy summer days.
The overall fit of the jacket is trimmer than that of OR's other 2.5-layer offering, the Foray Jacket, and it features elasticized cuffs instead of the larger Velcro cuffs found on the Foray.
- Fully seam taped
- Water-resistant zippers
- Adjustable hood zips into collar
- Double-separating front zipper
- External front zip stormflap
- Double-sliding TorsoFlo hem-to-bicep zippers
- Multiple utility pockets, internal and hand
- Left hand pocket doubles as stuff sack
- Elastic cuffs with closure
- Drawcord Hem
- 100% Nylon
- 2.5-layer 40D Pertex Shield DS strech ripstop
- Average weight 14.1 oz/400 g (size large)
- Center Back Length: 29.5" (size large)