It's time for our 7th Annual Paddlefest—with a twist!
Our annual kickoff event for paddling season is here, and this year, we're throwing bikes into the mix! Not only will we have our usual killer deals on boats and paddling equipment, our boat swap, and the Reel Paddling Film Festival showing on Thursday, April 12th, we'll also have awesome deals on our selection of past-season bikes and a special incentive to consign your (lightly) used bikes! Read on for more details:
This year's PaddleFest Deals
Starting Thursday, April 12th and running through Sunday the 15th, we'll have amazing savings throughout our paddling and bike departments:
- All Necky kayaks 30% OFF
- Past-season BIC SUPs up to 30% OFF MSRP
- Up to 40% OFF past-season Venture Canoes and Kayaks
- 40% OFF past-season SIC SUPs
- 20% OFF Bending Branches paddles
- 20% OFF Aqua-Bound paddles
- 20% OFF Werner paddles
- Most 2015-16 bikes will be up to 50% OFF MSRP
- 30% OFF our 2017 bike selection
- Prices too low to list on our past-season demo bikes
Boat swap and Bike Consignment Details
In addition to all of these great discounts on in-stock paddling gear and bikes, PaddleFest is also a great opportunity for you to find an awesome deal on a lightly-used canoe, kayak, SUP, or bike! Conversely, if you are looking to unload your old boat or bike to make space for a new one, it's the perfect time to bring it into OGE!
Starting Saturday, April 7th, you may bring your used (and cleaned!) canoe, kayak, SUP, or bike into the store for consignment. We'll help you price your boat or bike appropriately and make sure it's all ready to be sold the following weekend at PaddleFest.
All sales on used bikes and boats during PaddleFest weekend will be final and the credit from your bike or boat's sale will be available immediately after the sale is completed.
PADDLEFEST CONSIGNMENT SPECIALIf your bike or boat sells during PaddleFest, not only will you receive the usual 75% of its selling price in store credit, you'll also receive a gift card for 10% of your bike or boat's selling price to be used towards the purchase of a bike, a boat, or any biking and paddling gear! These gift cards will be valid until Sunday, April 29nd both in-store and on our website.
Bike consignment guidelines
We take our consignment seriously, and reserve the right to refuse to consign bikes that are not up to our standards of quality. Our consignment guidelines for bikes are:
- All bikes will undergo a "safety shakedown". If you would like to ensure that your bike will pass this inspection, run through this checklist.
- Bike frames should be clean and components free of grease and grime.
- We will not take any "department store" bikes. This includes, but is not limited to, the following brands: Huffy, Mongoose, Next, Apollo, and Fischer Price.
- We may recommend that you purchase a tune from us before consigning your bike.
What happens if my bike or boat doesn't sell during PaddleFest weekend?
Unfortunately, space in the store is limited, and we won't be able to display every consigned bike and boat after PaddleFest ends. If your bike or boat doesn't sell, we may call you in order for you to come pick it up.
Are you accepting other paddling and biking gear for consignment?
Yes we are! Standard consignment policy and payments will apply (see our consignment page for details).
The Reel Paddling Film Festival
The Reel Paddling Film Festival presents the world's best canoeing, kayaking, whitewater, SUP and kayak fishing films at over 120 venues around the world. Join us Thursday, April 12th at 6:30pm for this year's best paddling films! You'll be inspired to explore rivers, lakes and oceans, push extremes, embrace the paddling lifestyle and appreciate wild places. Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. For more information, click here.