Ultra-light ice screw reduces every possible gram of weight for mountaineering. The aluminum tube, combined with a steel drill, makes the screw lighter. The integrated folding crank gives an optimized lever, making it easier and faster to screw in.
- Maximized weight reduction:
- ultra-light aluminum tube, ideal for mountaineering when reduced equipment weight is a priority
- Easier bite:
- the shape of the drill is optimized to facilitate bite into the ice
- Easier drill sharpening with the drill's patented sharpening reserve
- Quick and easy screwing:
- integrated flexible crank provides excellent grip and an optimized lever, making it easier and faster to screw in
- compact hanger to facilitate screwing into sculpted ice
- color-coding facilitates identifying the length of a screw
- Material(s): steel drill, anodized aluminum tube, aluminum hanger
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Weight for each length: 13 cm - 91 g; 17 cm - 100 g; 21 cm - 110 g
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
Thanks for pointing out the misinformation in our description - We've updated the description to reflect the aluminum tube and steel teeth on these screws.
overall 9 out of 10 points
Great screw in 13mm as it takes a 3/4 solid turn and the ice screw will stand in the ice vs heavier screws. Description is misleading as the tube is aluminum not steel and you need to watch how you bang out the ice or you will damage the threads.