This belay/rappel device is lightweight and easy to use. V-shaped friction channels, with asymmetrical side grooves, adapt the rope friction for better control (braking adapted to half, twin and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds.
- Ultra-light design, including minimalist construction from hot-forged aluminum
- A single device for all rope types
- Can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- Independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode
- Quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
- V-shaped friction channels provide increased friction on thin ropes, also friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes, and it increases the locking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls provide increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling, but the rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack
- Carabiner hole allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- Rope friendly, allows for smooth belaying and rope handling, will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used, and separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Intuitive use: The Reverso mode aluminum attachment point is easy to identify, the keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device, and usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am'D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency
- Weight: 59 g
- Rope compatibility: for use on half ropes & twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm and single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm
- Material: Hot forged aluminum body.
- Certification(s): UIAA