The SALSA 8.2 mm half rope has an 8.2 mm diameter, offering greater versatility. This rope benefits from the Duratec Dry treatment to improve longevity and performance in any conditions.
• Versatile rope:
- use as half or twin rope
- for use in rock, mixed, snow or ice environments
• Greater longevity and ease of use in any conditions:
- Duratec Dry treatment: dry treatment makes the rope more resistant to water, dirt and abrasion; handling, grip and other
characteristics are retained longer in cold, wet conditions.
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic
Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady Coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases
• More effective belaying:
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and
consistent handling over time.
Lengths: 50 m, 60 m
Diameter: 8.2 mm
Type (CE EN 892, UIAA): half rope, twin rope
Weight per meter: 45 g
Percentage of sheath: 31 %
Number of falls: 9 (half rope), 25 (twin rope).
Static elongation: 8 % (double rope), 6.5 % (twin rope).
Dynamic elongation: 30 % (double rope), 30 % (twin rope).
Shock load: 6,4 kN (double rope), 9,8 kN (twin rope).
Construction: 48 carrier
|Recommended Use||Ice/Mountaineering, Trad/Multipitch|
|Rope Type||Half, Twin|
|Rope Diameter||Less than 8.9mm|
|Middle Marker||Middle Marked|
|Dry Treatment||Dry Treated|