The XA Pro 3D is Salomon's most iconic and versatile trail running shoe. Its comfortable fit, flexibility, and less aggressive tread allows it to run triple duty as a running shoe, hiking shoe, and everyday shoe.
Compared to the other models in Salomon's trail running line, the XA Pro has hard-object impact protection (i.e., a rock shield) over the greatest area of the foot -some models just have it under the arch, but the XA Pro extends it under the ball of the foot as well. Other models also have more aggressive tread and heel brakes, which are a double edged-sword; they work great when moving fast on soft ground and downhills, but wear out more quickly on hard surfaces and feel funny on the floors and pavement which we spend most of our time on.
The XA Pro is comfortable to wear on these surfaces, and yet so capable off-road that it is the choice of many Appalachian Trail thru-hikers.
- Gusseted Tongue
- Lace Pocket
- Sensifit™ foot cradle
- Assymetrical lacing
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Mud guard
- Quicklace™ for one-pull tightening
- Sole Construction:
- Outsole: Non-marking Contagrip™ running sole
- Chassis: 3D Advanced Chassis™
- Sockliner: Molded EVA foam with EVA shaped footbed and Ortholite® foam
- Weight: 393g / 13.9 oz (US Size 7) 453 g / 16 oz (US Size 9)
- Midsole Height: 11mm / 21mm
- Additional Information
Intended Use Trail Running Socks Collection Outlet Deals Material Fabric
- Product Videos
Salomon XA Pro 3D W: 360 View