Returning with a redesign that makes them lighter and improves overall touring function, the Maestrale 1.0 is the gold standard for anyone who wants the best possible all-around alpine-touring boot, a fact that made them the best-selling AT boot of all time.
For Fall 2014, the Maestrale 1.0 gets a new new ski/walk mechanism that makes switching from downhill to tour mode super easy, and that also improves overall performance in ski mode. They retain the superb 39 degrees of cuff range that makes them tour so efficiently, and weight is an impressive 3 pounds, 2 ounces. When it's time for the descent, a 100 flex index and a new, stouter power strap provides plenty of power for wide skis or steep terrain. A perfect balance of lightweight, superb mobility and downhill performance for the touring-focused skier.
- The cuff has windows to enhance ventilation and comfort, helping to keep the liners dry on long days
- Certified Dynafit inserts with the Fitting Indicators System shows where to step into the binding and allows a smoother entry even in deep snow
- The EVO V-ribbing in the cuff increases the overall stiffness, giving you more power transfer to the skis edge when driving the boot forward
- An Intuition liner designed specifically for the boot to optimize fit, touring stride, and comfort all while being custom moldable
- The ski/walk mechanism moves freely in a self-lubricating housing, creating a nearly frictionless range of motion for touring. When locked down, two pins lock the cuff for solid control and power transfer
- Keeps your top buckle in place when opened to allow for fast uphill/downhill transitions with wire gate tour-lock buckle clasp
- Pebax® Rnew Construction
- Redesigned buckles
|Binding Compatibility||AT, Tech|
|Last Width (mm)||101|
Flex Index: 100
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Good boot for touring as well as some in bounds skiing
I use this boot primarily for touring but have also used it for lift service and it gets the job done! Good simple comfortable boot. The feature I like the most is how easy it is to switch from walk to ski. Just a quick easy flick on the heal.