Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Sea to Summit - The Specialist Solo Shelter )
Ultralight backpackers, cycle tourists, and sea-kayakers will appreciate the Specialist™ shelters: the interior space and comfort of a tent with a lower overall weight and more compact size than many bivys.
Weighing just 625 grams for the Solo, the Specialists™ are the lightest fully enclosable shelters in their class. Each Specialist™ comes with a set of 2 poles and 6 pegs made out of 7075 alloy for the best strength to weight ratio. They can also be erected with a pair of trekking poles and natural anchors making it perfect for gram saving enthusiasts, achieving a minimum packed weight of 445 grams for the Solo.
For the shell, STS has used Pertex® Endurance, a 20 denier ultra lightweight waterproof breathable nylon fabric in conjunction with a 15 denier waterproof nylon for the walls, vestibules and the floor. Seam sealed throughout, the Specialists™ offer superior waterproof properties while also maintaining impressive breathability to manage condensation effectively. The ultra-fine mesh panel doors keep insects away and allow for maximum ventilation. Optional lightweight Tyvek™ ground sheets are also available for added floor protection.
- Ultra-light weight -- just 22 oz / 625g for the Solo (1 person)
- The Solo has one entrance and one vestibule.
- Pertex ® Endurance 20D nylon shell fabric that has a 1,000mm waterhead and a 7000MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate)
- 15D waterproof nylon walls, vestibule & floor has a 1,200mm waterhead
- Double stitched and bar tacked at all stress points for strength and endurance
- Fully tape seam sealed and reflective guy lines
- Includes 2 x 7075 alloy poles and 6 x hard anodized 7075 alloy pegs
- Can be pitched with a pair of trekking poles and natural anchors for extra weight savings
- Internal storage pocket not offered on many lightweight shelters
- Optional lightweight Tyvek® ground sheets
|Shelter Type||Non-Freestanding Tent, Single Wall Tent|
|Floor Area||15 sq ft / 1.4 sq m|
|Tent Floor Area sq feet||15|
|Vestibule Area||Just a wee bit|
|Floor Dimensions||84 in long x 26 in wide at head x 11 in wide at foot
213cm long x 65cm wide at head x 28cm wide at foot
|Peak Height||37 in / 95cm|
|Number of Poles||2|
|Pole Material||7075 aluminum|
|Packaged Weight||1 lb 6 oz / 625 g|
|Tent Trail Weight Oz||22|
|Packed Size||4.5 x 10 in / 11 x 25 cm|