The SnowMiner offers a high quality headlamp that easily transforms into a hanging lantern. The backpacker can now light up the trail and the tent in one compact and lightweight solution. The SnowMiner’s smart design allows the lens to be easily transformed with a single hand, converting to an amazing ambient light spanning 180 degrees.
To convert the light from headlamp to lantern mode, simply push on the sides of the silicone head to release a magnet on the lens turning the focused beam into a glowing lantern to light up vast areas.
Use the power button to scroll through the three light modes: High, Low, Strobe and Variable Dim. To utilize the dimming feature just hold down the powerbutton and release when the desired power output is achieved.
- Converts from headlamp (focused light) to lantern (ambient light) in a single action
- Single LED operates on high, low, variable and strobe; hold down the power button to engage the variable dim mode to set the brightness at whatever level you want.
- Low battery indicator flashes when batteries need replacing
- Runs on 3 AAA batteries (included) provides up to 140 hrs of operation on low, 55 hrs. on high, and 250 hrs. on strobe.
- LED outputs 80 lumens on high and 8 lumens on low
- Beam Distance: 40m on high and 7m on low
- Silicone rubber front piece can be removed for cleaning purposes
- Built-in hook enables the SnowMiner headlamp/lantern to hang inside the tent
- Glove friendly buttons, staps and built-in haning hook
- IPX4 water resistance - protective against water spray but not
- Material poly-carbonate, high-modulus nylon fiber , silicone resin, ABS, and rubber
- Dimensions 2.2 in Diameter x 2 in Wide
- Lantern Type
- LED Lighting Hours 140 h on Low, 55 h on High, 250 h on Strobe
- Brightness 80 Lumens (ANSI) (High), 8 Lumens (LOW) Power Source 3 AAA batteries (included)
- Weight 2.3 oz / 65g (without batteries)
When storing your SnowMiner please be sure to store in lantern mode, ensuring the silicone stays pliable for future use transforming your light back and forth between lantern and headlamp mode.
Overtime your silicone diffuser will get dirty. To clean, please gently remove the silicone from the lens head and wash with warm soapy water. Dry completely and replace.