The original handheld UV water purifier is now even better!
When camping, hiking, backpacking or traveling the Classic 3 with Pre-Filter is the perfect pack to keep you safely hydrated. Classic 3’s UV light destroys over 99.9% of waterborne microorganisms that cause illness.
With SteriPEN Classic 3, one set of four alkaline batteries will treat 100 half-liters or 50 full liters of water. Or supercharge your SteriPEN with a set of lithium batteries and you’ll treat up to 150 liters! Classic 3’s enhanced LED indicator panel lets you know treatment size and status of batteries and UV lamp. Classic 3 is sleek and ergonomic with an easy-to-remove twist-off lamp cover. Like all SteriPEN UV water purifiers, Classic 3 is simple to use: remove the lamp cover, press the activation button, submerge in water and stir. In 48 seconds you have ½ liter of safe drinking water or purify a full liter in 90 seconds. Compared to standard chemical treatments that can take up to four hours, that’s safe water fast without adding chemicals that can leave an unpleasant aftertaste.
The 40×40 micron screen Pre-Filter fits perfectly on wide-mouth one liter water bottles and removes particulates that can get in the way of UV light in water. The Pre-Filter is designed to be stored directly on a wide mouth bottle and the SteriPEN Classic 3 fits perfectly in the filter. Just insert Classic 3 in the filter opening, turn the bottle upside down, and gently rock to circulate light throughout bottle. The tapered end also fits snugly in plastic water bottles. Just insert the lamp into the water bottle, turn it upside down and gently rock the bottle.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DEHP, which is known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Ergonomic design with a new easy-to-remove twist-off cap.
- The first SteriPEN to work effectively with alkaline batteries. Can be powered by alkaline, lithium, or NiMH batteries.
- Enhanced LEDs indicate treatment size and status of batteries and lamp.
- Watertight. No more worries about dropping your Classic 3 in a bottle or stream.
- So easy … just activate, place in water, and stir. LED indicators flash to let you know when water is safe to drink
- Weight: 2.9 oz (82 g)
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.7 x 1.7 in (186 x 43 x 43mm)
- Lamp Life: 8,000 activations
- Battery: 4 AA batteries Alkaline, Lithium or Rechargeable NiMH (Not included with purchase)
- Battery Life Alkaline: 100 treatments (16oz./0.5L) or 50 treatments (32oz./1L)
- Battery Life Lithium Disposable: 300 treatments (16oz./0.5L) or 150 treatments (32oz./1L)
- Battery Life NiMH: 200 treatments (16oz./0.5L) or 100 treatments (32oz./1L).
- Minimium Bottle Diameter: 22mm (0.8 inches)
- Filter Compatability: SteriPEN Pre-Filter Included
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
one of the beter inventions since sliced bread
Seriously, this gadget rocks. Ive used it from through-hiking the LT to spending a month in west Africa on two separate occasions and never had any issues with it. THE PRE-FILTER IS VITAL! many people that claim they were sick from using a steri-pen did not use the filter first. All steri-pens are made to kill bacteria and Read More...
one of the beter inventions since sliced breadSeriously, this gadget rocks. Ive used it from through-hiking the LT to spending a month in west Africa on two separate occasions and never had any issues with it. THE PRE-FILTER IS VITAL! many people that claim they were sick from using a steri-pen did not use the filter first. All steri-pens are made to kill bacteria and viruses up to 20 microns in size, the prefilter screens out everything larger than 17 microns and the steripen can to the rest.
"classic vs adventurer" -
While the adventurer is a little lighter (103g vs 283 g), I really like the ability to purchase replacement batteries if I run out of spares. If you plan on traveling the world and you're not comfortable with your water sources, choosing the AA version will allow you to quickly treat your water and also replace batteries easily if you run out (the odds of finding coin-cell batteries in the bush are slim to none, AA's are far easier to find). I use rechargeable batteries when I can and they work great.