Tecnica - Magma S Mid GORE-TEX Womens
The Women's Tecnica Magma S Mid GORE-TEX is designed to hike, run and scramble in all types of technical mountain terrain. It delivers a new level of grip and protection in a lightweight, comfortable shoe.
- All-Terrain Grip: The unique multi-traction outsole tread pattern, inspired by MTB enduro tire designs, made with Vibram® Litebase™ technology and Megagrip™ compound rubber, offers optimal grip on all surfaces and in both dry and wet conditions.
- Protection and Ankle Protection: The mid-cut height collar adds ankle protection and support for safer hiking on technical terrains. It also increases water protection
- Downhill Performance: The ultra-large heel shape provides great stability when hiking or running downhill and on technical traverses. Two rubber stability fins on each side of the back of the shoe provide an unparalleled level of braking on technical descents, including on scree, gravel, or loose rocks.
- Fast Transition: The last, midsole toe rocker and unique rounded toe shape have been carefully designed to enhance the Magma’s responsiveness, grip, and fast acceleration and transition in technical terrains.
- GORE-TEX: Premium upper materials offer water repellency and durability. Gore-Tex® liners provide the ultimate combination of waterproofness and breathability to ensure our shoes are both durable and comfortable anytime, anywhere.
- Great Fit Out of the Box: Hiking and running in harsh and variable terrain requires a superior level of comfort and a secure foothold. The MAGMA upper and footbed are pre-shaped around a specific anatomical last to deliver a great feel and perfect fit, right out of the box. This anatomical fit also provides greater midfoot support and heel hold.
- Micro Adjustment: Highly durable yet lightweight construction with a classic tongue design for faster step-in, combined with an integrated lacing system for improved fit precision.
- Midfoot Support: When muscles get tired during a long traverse or downhill section on rocky terrain, it’s crucial to have a shoe capable of supporting the midfoot to prevent ankle injuries. Unlike our other C.A.S. shoes, the Tecnica Magma is offered with a pre-molded, cushioned EVA footbed that delivers a great, instant fit without requiring customization.
- No Break-In Time: No two feet are alike. For this reason, we believe that shoes should be able to adapt to the unique shape of each person’s feet. The option to customize our shoes makes it possible to dramatically reduce the time normally needed to break in a new pair of shoes. This also solves the majority of problems related to comfort, blistering, and lack of precision.
- Protection and Durability: Tecnica's new sole is developed with the innovative VIBRAM® LITEBASE ™ technology and MEGAGRIP™ compound rubber. It wraps the upper in critical abrasion zones, providing grip, traction and durability not just underfoot, but also on the toe and sides – all without additional weight or bulk – and with no need for a conventional glued rubber rand.
- Waterproofness and Breathability: Premium upper materials offer water repellency and durability. Gore-Tex® liners provide the ultimate combination of waterproofness and breathability.
- Shock Absorption: High rebound compression-molded EVA midsole to absorb heavy impact on descents, ESS shank to control torsion, and rock plate to protect the forefoot against rough terrain. The 8 mm drop delivers excellent trail running performances.
- Vibram: Vibram Megagrip technology and specific studs design allow control and high performance in all conditions.
- Upper: Hydrophobic polyamide mesh
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort
- Outsole: Vibram® Megagrip™ Litebase™ XO SHIELD
- Midsole: Compression-molded EVA with high rebound compound
- Footbed: Anatomical, Pre-Molded, EVA