Tecnica - Plasma S Men's
The perfect shoe for modern hikers. PLASMA S is lightweight, flexible, agile and ultra comfortable while offering amazing traction and support- even on the most technical trails. Designed for those who prefer mobility over ankle support and want to move faster with lightweight packs for long distances. The anatomic last, overlap design and self locking lace design make for a perfect out-of-the box fit. Utilizing the C.A.S. machine, the footbed and upper are fully customizable to the individual’s anatomy. In only 20 minutes, one can experience an in-store customization process that results in a personalized and unique fit. Ventilated mesh lining offers the maximum level of breathability. Exclusive Vibram® outsole with Megagrip compound results in an approach-like grip on rocky and wet terrain.
- C.A.S. - Custom Adaptive Shape: For 2019, Tecnica introduces to the market the industry’s first, truly customizable shoe, PLASMA. In only 20 minutes, one can experience an in-store customization process that results in a personalized and unique fit– a fit SHAPED FOR YOU. > No more shoes that are too tight or too roomy. > No more heel pressure or not enough heel hold. > No more need to buy expensive after-market footbeds. > No break-in time; the fit is perfect from the very first step.
- C.A.S. Footbed: The first high-end, customizable footbed built specifically to match the unique last of Tecnica's shoes. All the benefits of a customized arch support without the disadvantages (trimming and changing the foot positioning) of expensive after-market solutions.
- C.A.S. Upper: The first heat-customizable low-cut shoe in the industry. Tailor-made around each foot for perfect comfort, support, foot-hold and zero break-in period.
- Self-locking Lacing: Tecnica designed an innovative lacing solution that matches their anatomic fit. High tenacity Kevlar® loops are used instead of the classic metal hooks. When combined with the uniquely textured laces, consistent tension is maintained throughout the day.
- Flexible Construction: Maximum emphasis has been placed on building one of the most flexible, yet supportive, low-cut shoes in the market.
- Overlap Design: Inspired from ski boot design, Tecnica created a new, unique construction that allows them to attain the maximum comfort and performance from their anatomical last and customization features.
- Protective Upper: Premium upper materials offer water repellency and durability.
- The Ultimate Anatomical Last: Benefitting from the evolution of the FORGE anatomical last, the PLASMA features the same great out-of-the box fit with a full, anatomic arch and heel shape. The last is designed to accommodate the C.A.S. customizable footbed.
- Traction Outsole: Custom designed outsole offers great traction, agility and a high level of support.
- Upper: Synthetic polyamide fabric with TPU laminated reinforcement
- Lining: Breathable mesh lining
- Outsole: Vibram® Plasma with Megagrip compound
- Midsole: Agile system; Dual Density EVA plus TPU shank
- Footbed: C.A.S. Customizable - Hiking